: By Admin
Goal: Reduction of child mortality due to complications of malnourishment among under 5 children.
Purpose 1: Higher proportion of well-nourished children under five years of age in rural communities
Purpose 2: Increased number of healthy children protected from childhood communicable diseases
Development Strategies of Community-based Nutrition Program
- Advocacy with village leaders and stakeholders for community awareness raising and engagement
- Participatory learning together with community members to identify community needs and child health problems, in the contexts of child growth and development.
- Establishment of community-based health system in each community, organizing village-based health development groups for self-management of the program.
- Initiation of public education and peer education program among the village mothers of under- 5 children, in respect of child growth, prevention and essential care of childhood communicable diseases.
- Mobilization of government health system to have engaged the community groups for grassroots health Development, focusing on child health and development
- Assisting the village health groups and mothers in proper cooking, feeding and growth monitoring for better nutritional status of under-5 children; participating in child immunization and regular deworming, etc.
- Establishment of networking system among the village health groups for interdependency and sustainability of community health development programs and activities.